Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Finding non-MBTS Dissertations
Search these databases:
- WorldCat Dissertations and Theses --***START HERE*** (Canvas login required) Subset of Worldcat's worldwide database, limiting search results to theses and dissertations. (For sorting by date, see Worldcat and limit search to dissertations and theses.
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses- A--Full Text repository of dissertations and theses in the fields of humanities (including religion) and social sciences
- Proquest Psychology Journals Includes full text Proquest/UMI dissertations in the field of psychology for the years 2000-2006. (Blackboard login required)
- PQDT Open (Proquest Dissertations and Theses)--Doctoral works (mostly PhD) from Dissertation Express which the authors have opted to make freely available.
- OATD- Open Access Theses and Dissertations-access to graduate works from over 1000 colleges, universities, and research institutions around the world.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD)--"international organization dedicated to promoting the adoption, creation, use, dissemination, and preservation of electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs)." Many but not all listed are open access.
- EThOS- (British Library) doctoral theses from many schools in the UK. Free but requires registration.
- Individual Institution Open Access --Some degree granting institutions offer access to a limited number of their dissertations. Here are some examples:
SEARCH/PURCHASE--Before purchasing, contact Midwestern Library to either arrange for interlibrary loan of print format or MBTS purchase of PDF format.